Participatory Development Initiative (PDI) is a registered Non-Government Organization, non profit organization registered at the NGO Bureau. PDI was started in 2002 as a merry go-round group for women that had come together to support each other in times of need. With the burden of HIV/AIDs, most were affected if not infected; besides, the increasing number of orphans that they had to look after was so overwhelming that they could not bear it alone but decided to seek for assistance elsewhere hence the birth of PDI, which was officially registered as a CBO in 2004 and later in 2012 registered as an NGO.
A society where all persons infected and affected by HIV/AIDS attain quality livelihoods.
PDI strives to improve livelihoods for people infected and affected by HIV/AIDS and protection of adolescent girls and vulnerable children from all forms of abuse.This mission is accomplished through broad strategies of providing comprehensive psychological, emotional and physical care and support while collaborating with key stakeholders especially communities and the Government of Kenya structures.
- Confidentiality in handling our clients
- Quality service to those who seek it from us.
- Teamwork in the course of our activities.
- Prompt attention to clients (clients first).
- Compassion and warmth in dealing with clients
- Integrity and ethical practices
- To strengthen the organizational service delivery capacity of PDI to effectively and efficiently implement the strategic plan.
- To reduce/ prevent the impact of HIV and AIDS among the infected & affected women, youth, children and primary caregivers in society.
- To advocate for supportive policies and practices that impact on women, youth and children infected and affected by HIV and AIDS.
- To strengthen partnerships, networking and collaboration in services provision.